At Los Pinos Ranch, birding, fishing, hiking,
horse riding and relaxing are the order of the day.
The sparkling waters of the upper Pecos River in the Santa Fe National Forest and its
tributaries offer excellent fly-fishing opportunities. The Pecos River runs through the
eastern edge of Los Pinos Guest Ranch, the 'trophy' section beginning just downstream from
will enjoy the Forest Service marked and maintained trails that can be
accessed right at the ranch or from nearby trailheads. Be sure to pack your cameras and
field guides for bird and flower identification.
2017 Newsletter - Read about Birding at Los Pinos Ranch!
enjoy a wide variety of birds.
Click for a partial list of birds found at Los Pinos Guest Ranch.
For those interested in touring
, the historic city of Santa Fe, with its fine museums
and galleries can be visited between breakfast and 7pm dinner at the ranch. The Pecos
National Historical Park is 25 miles downriver.
In addition, other attractions such as pueblos and mountain villages of northern New Mexico
offer a variety of sightseeing opportunities.
National Parks/Monuments in New Mexico
- Aztec Ruins, Aztec, NM
- Bandelier, Los Alamos, NM
- Capulin Volcano, Capulin, NM
- Carlsbad Caverns, Carlsbad, NM
- Chaco Culture, Nageezi, NM
- El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro
National Historic Trail(NM,TX)
- El Malpais, Grants, NM
- El Morro, Ramah, NM
- Fort Union, Watrous, NM
- Gila Cliff Dwellings, Silver City, NM
- Manhattan Project (NM,WA,TN)
Northern Rio Grande National Heritage Area, Espanola, NM
- Old Spanish Trail
National Historic Trail (AZ,CA,CO,NV,NM,UT)
- Pecos National Historical Park, Pecos, NM
- Petroglyph National Monument, Albuquerque, NM
- Salinas Pueblo Missions, Mountainair, NM
- Santa Fe Trail (CO,KS,MO,NM,OK)
- Valles Caldera, Jemez Springs, NM
- White Sands, Alamogordo, NM
Open From June 1 through
We look forward to seeing you!
Please feel free to call or email us
- Alice -
Hike to the caves at Cave Creek.